This regulation could be modified by the Organisation
Participants will be informed by the official networks of the event
REGULATION “LA LEONESSA” – Edition 2019
ART. 1 – DATE
28th of April 2019
ART. 2 – DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL
Pelago, Florence, Italy
ART. 3 – ROUTES
“La Leonessa” offers four different routes:
– simple route, 12 km long;
– short route, 22 km long;
– medium route, 49 km long;
– long route, 81 km long .
ART. 4 – DEPARTURE
All routes will have one controlled departure start at 09.00 from Lorenzo Ghiberti Square in Pelago.
ART. 5 – CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
Historical Bikes only are allowed to this event.
This statement means that these bikes must have the following characteristics:
– road racing bikes built before 1987 ( not Cycle Cross or Time-Trial );
– steel frame;
– gears levers on the frame’s down tube;
– pedals should have toe clips and straps;
– the brake cables must pass outside and over the handlebars;
– vintage bikes made for work or City use will also be allowed .
ART. 6 – REGISTRATIONS
The event’s on line registrations will start on the 1st of October 2018 and will end on the 24th of April 2019.
On site registrations will be admitted on the 27th of April (from 15.00 to 20.00) and from 07.00 to 08.45 on the 28th of April 2019 at the Pro Loco office of Pelago in Lorenzo Ghiberti Square.
Registration price of Simple and Short Route:
– 15,00 Euros (Fifteen/00 Euros) from the 1st of October 2018 to the 31st of January 2019;
– 20,00 Euros (Twenty/00 Euros) from the 1st of February 2019 to the 24th of April 2019;
– 25,00 Euros (Twentyfive/00 Euros) for registrations submitted after 24th of April 2019 .
Registration price of Medium and Long Route:
– 20,00 Euros (Twenty/00 Euros) from the 1st of October 2018 to the 31st of January 2019;
– 25,00 Euros (Twentyfive/00 Euros) from the 1st of February 2019 to the 24th of April 2019;
– 30,00 Euros (Thirty/00 Euros) for registrations submitted after 24th of April 2019 .
The registration includes:
– Jersey and bicycle number;
– Road book: map of the routes, profiles, tab to be stamped at official check points;
– Refreshing stops depending on the chosen route;
– Event’s gift box;
– Final lunch;
– Showers at the arrival .
ART. 7 – PAYMENT METHOD
Payment is done by Bank Transfer to:
Pro Loco di Pelago
Piazza Lorenzo Ghiberti, 21
CAP 50060 Pelago (FI)
Current account at Banca di Credito Cooperativo in Pontassieve
IBAN: IT 18 U 08736 38010 000000072922
Reason: Leonessa 2019
All payment Fees are met by the sender.
You will be only asked to send a copy of the bank transfer to the following mail address:
ART. 8 – COMPLETE REGISTRATION
The registration will be completed when both the payment and registration data will be received.
You will receive a confirmation by mail from the official address, email@example.com ; you will have to give us a printed copy of the mail at the package hand out.
Changing participants details/person or using the registration for next edition is not admitted.
ART. 9 – NUMBERS AND PACKAGE HAND OUT
The numbers and package hand out will take place at the Pro Loco office of Pelago in Lorenzo Ghiberti Square.
– saturday 27th of April 2019, from 15.00 to 20.00;
– sunday 28th of April 2019, from 07.00 to 08.45 .
At the numbers and package hand out you will be asked to give us a identity document and a printed copy of the confirmation mail.
ART. 10 – CONTROL STAMPS
There will be many stamps check points throughout the routes: their position can be found on the raod book, in the package given before the departure.
The Organization could verify the cyclists’ road book in every part of the route to avoid unpleasant participation of non-registered people to the event.
ART. 11 – USE OF HELMET
In line with the U.I.S.P. regulation, please see below:
Art. 37 – HISTORICAL EVENTS – VINTAGE BIKE RIDES
- In these special events (leisure cycling rides), the use of historical frames, traditional costumes, vintage clothing and accessories is authorized, along both white and asphalt roads.
- The rules for leisure cycling events (cicloturismo) apply, according to the regulations for such vintage cycling events, for those participating with vintage bikes and clothing, it may not be necessary to wear a modern hard helmet (leather helmet, cap etc..).
- The Organization and participants are insured as other U.I.S.P. cycling activities.
ART. 12 – CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
If the event has to be cancelled for unforeseen reasons, the paid amount will not be refunded.
ART. 13 – VARIATIONS E OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS
This regulation could eventually be modified by the Organization: these modifications can be found at www.leonessaciclostorica.it , official network of the event.
All communications will be notified by this channel.
Other official networks are:
– Facebook: “La Leonessa Ciclostorica” ;
– Instagram: “leonessaciclostorica” .
ART. 14 – EVENT CHARACTERISTICS
“La Leonessa” is a non-competitive leisure ride on asphalt and gravel roads; the routes are open to traffic, therefore all cyclists must respect the rules of the Italian Highway Code (Codice della Strada).
It’s mandatory to have a puncture repair kit.
ART. 15 – DISQUALIFICATIONS
In the following cases disqualifications will be applied:
– to participants behaving inappropriately to judges or employees of the Organization;
– to participants found on unauthorized detours;
– to participants wearing the race of other participants;
– to participants who sell their subscription to others;
– to participants throwing rubbish outside of the allocated areas at refreshment stops and check points.
In severe cases, at the discretion of the Organization, a lifetime disqualification can be enforced.
ART. 16 – FINAL LAW
Accepting this regulation, every participant to the “La Leonessa” :
– declares to have read and understood all the articles and accepts without any reservation;
– declares and guarantee their own behaviour during and after the event;
– has to show a valid medical approvement for cycling activities. It is recommendend to send a copy of this certification to the mail address firstname.lastname@example.org ;
– allows the use of his data, even for commercial purposes, just to the provisions of the Italian Privacy Act no. 196 of 30/06/2003;
– grants the organizers consent to use, as permitted by law, including for profit, of all video footage, photographs, etc. taken during the event; from the moment of the registration provides the Organization with the right to supply such images to third parties;
– expressly authorizes the Organization, without charge, to use fixed and/or moving images, portraying his/her own person, taken throughout the duration of the event. This authorization is to be considered indefinite and without territorial limits around the world, for use in various publications and films, including, by way of example and without limitation, promotional and/or advertising material of any type. The Organization may also concede to third parties and their institutional and commercial partners the rights of use specified herein.
The Organization doesn’t accept responsibilities for accidents or damage to persons or property, which may occur before, during or after the event or as a result thereof. The Organization reserves the right to exclude from the event any cyclists who are guilty of misconduct before, during and after the event.